The Fluke 1623 and 1625 earth ground testers, available from Fluke Australia , can perform all four types of earth ground measurement. Specifically, the Fluke 1623 and 1625 testers are able to measure earth ground loop resistances by using only clamps known as the Stakeless testing method. This method does not require the use of earth ground stakes or the disconnection of ground rods.
The testing methods include:
- 3 and 4-Pole Fall of Potential which is the standard earth ground testing using two ground stakes.
- 4-Pole Soil Resistivity testing method to determine the soil resistivity using four ground stakes.
- Selective testing method can be performed without disconnecting ground rods; a technician can measure the ground resistance using a combination of stakes and a clamp.
- Stakeless testing method is an innovative solution using only clamps, instead of ground stakes to measure the earth ground loop resistance.
The Fluke 1625 earth ground tester offers these advanced features:
- Automatic Frequency Control (AFC)- identifies the existing interference and chooses a measurement frequency to minimise its effect, providing a more accurate earth ground value
- R measurement- calculates earth ground impedance at 55Hz to accurately reflect the earth ground resistance that a fault-to-earth ground would see
- Adjustable limits- for quick test result verification