DuPont Vespel CR-6100 pump wear components available through Fluid Seals are designed to enhance pump performance and reliability.
Vespel CR-6100 wear components have been successfully used in thousands of centrifugal pumps in major refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pipeline terminals, and municipal water utilities.
Made from an advanced composite material consisting of high performance Teflon PFA fluorocarbon resin and oriented carbon fibres through a patented manufacturing process, Vespel CR-6100 pump wear components offer advantages such as:
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Proven run-dry performance
- High temperature serviceability (up to 500ºF)
- Broad chemical compatibility
- Machining ease and assembly installation
These characteristics make the Vespel CR-6100 suitable for a wide range of applications. The durability of Vespel CR-6100 aids installation and machining, and stays tough during operation.
DuPont Vespel CR-6100 pump wear components include wear rings, throat bushings, pressure-reduced bushings, line shaft bearings and inter-stage bearings.
These wear components are suitable for pump types including overhung horizontal, vertical, between bearings and multistage.
Key design features with performance benefits of Vespel CR-6100 pump wear components:
- Non-metallic with low coefficient of friction and excellent dimensional stability
- Withstands short-duration off-design conditions such as start-up, slow-rolling, low-flow, cavitation, or run-dry situations
- Remains available for service, resulting in potentially lower repair costs
- Clearance at wear components can be reduced, allowing efficiency gains leading to significant operating cost reductions
- Reduced clearance results in lower vibration levels, reduced cavitation and improved reliability
- Long-lasting seals and bearings with increase in MTBR
Vespel CR-6100 has been used in thousands of pumps in a broad range of hydrocarbon, chemical and water services.
Some applications include Boiler Feed, Condensate, Propane, Butane, Ethylene, LPG, Diesel, Gas oil, Sour water, Naphtha, Gasoline, MEA, DEA, Sulphuric acid, Ammonia, Hydrofluoric acid, Caustic and Lube oil among others.