Flexicon Corporation (Australia) presents skid-mounted pneumatic bulk bag discharging systems designed to transfer material from bulk bags to silos or other storage vessels.
Featuring an integral pneumatic conveying system, Flexicon bulk bag discharging systems are unlike most discharging systems that move material from bulk bags to smaller storage vessels and process equipment.
Flexicon’s positive pressure pneumatic system is designed to fill bulk storage facilities on islands or other locations unable to receive large volumes of bulk material by rail or bulk truck.
Flexicon manufactures bulk bag dischargers as standalone units or systems integrated with mechanical or pneumatic conveying systems, weigh batching controls, bulk bag conditioners and other equipment in addition to bulk bag fillers, bag dump stations, box/container/drum tippers, drum fillers, weigh batching and blending systems as well as engineered plant-wide bulk handling systems with automated controls.
Key features of Flexicon bulk bag discharging systems:
- Discharger portion includes a cantilevered I-beam with electric hoist and trolley to lift and position bulk bags without the use of a forklift
- Spout-Lock clamp ring forms a high-integrity seal between the clean side of the bag spout and the clean side of the equipment
- Tele-Tube telescoping tube maintains constant downward pressure on the clamp ring and bag spout, elongating the bag as it empties to promote complete discharge
- Material flow is aided by Flow-Flexer bag activators that raise and lower opposite bottom sides of the bag in timed intervals
- Integrated Bag-Vac dust collector creates negative pressure to collapse empty bags prior to retying and disconnection, eliminating dust emitted during their manual flattening
- High capacity rotary airlock valve in unloader’s surge hopper helps feed material into a pneumatic conveying line leading from a positive displacement blower at high rates