Flexicon Corporation (Australia) offers a new line of bag dump systems designed for dust collection during manual dumping and bag compaction as well as bulk material conveying downstream.
The bag dump system is intended to reduce material waste and eliminate the need to clean a remote dust collection site, while protecting workers and preventing plant contamination.
Pre-engineered, pre-wired and ready to plug in and run, the compact system integrates a receiving hopper, dust collector, bag compactor and flexible screw conveyor on a frame, which streamlines installation and allows for easy relocation if required.
- The bag dump station portion of the system collects dust generated during manual tipping and bag compaction using a high velocity vacuum fan that draws dust away from the operator onto two cartridge filters
- An automatic reverse-pulse filter cleaning system releases short blasts of compressed air inside the filters at timed intervals causing dust build-up on the outer surfaces to fall into the hopper
- Filters are readily accessed by removing the interior baffle, and replaced rapidly using quick-disconnect fittings
- Vacuum created by the dust collector contains dust generated when the operator pushes empty bags from the dust hood through an integral chute into the bag compactor
- Recovers dust created during bag compaction, conserving useable product while reducing the frequency and cost of trash disposal
The fully enclosed flexible screw conveyor handles free- and non-free-flowing bulk materials ranging from large pellets to sub-micron powders including products that pack, cake, seize, smear, fluidise, break apart or separate with no separation of blended products.
The entire system, including the flexible screw conveyor is mounted on frames with boom and castors for in-plant mobility.
The bag dump system is made from stainless steel to meet food, dairy, pharmaceutical or industrial standards.
Carbon steel systems are offered with durable industrial coatings. Hoppers are also available configured for connection to pneumatic conveyors or process equipment.