Flexco (Aust) has expanded its line of Service Advantage Cartridge belt cleaners to simplify maintenance and reduce downtime involved in servicing belt cleaners.
Servicing belt cleaners not only involves downtime, but also requires input from several operators. Servicing secondary conveyor belt cleaners has now been made easier with the introduction of belt cleaners with a slide-out cartridge.
A concept pioneered by Flexco, the Service Advantage Cartridge is ideal for limiting downtime and easily maintaining the cleaner to ensure superior performance.
Flexco has simplified installation and maintenance of the Service Advantage Cartridge for the Mineline MHS heavy-duty secondary cleaner and added the feature to its P-Type secondary cleaner and R-Type reversing secondary cleaner.
The enhanced design now features a variety of options for locking the cartridge into place, making it adaptable based on local codes and offering solutions for varying space constraints during installation.
The Service Advantage Cartridge slides out from the accessible side of the conveyor or chute wall for inspection, service, or replacement by a single worker in only a matter of minutes.
According to Chris Bayliss, Managing Director of Flexco (Aust), the enhanced Service Advantage Cartridge allows flexibility for maintenance and installation options, making it even easier to service and inspect the belt cleaners. This feature has been added to the P-Type and R-Type secondary cleaners to provide an economical, yet service-friendly solution.
Key benefits of the Service Advantage Cartridge:
- Blade cartridges can be removed in minutes and changed without removing the complete assembly pole or brackets from the conveyor
- Cleaner blades are changed by simply removing a pin, sliding the blade cartridge out through the side, and replacing it with a new or rebuilt blade cartridge
- Allows maintenance workers to replace multiple blade cartridges during the same maintenance period, saving time and money
- Cartridges can also be easily rebuilt on site
- Cleaners can be serviced in severe weather conditions
- Side slide-out design increases worker safety as it eliminates the need to access tight spaces to remove the cartridge
- Dual cartridge design that splits in the middle for removal from both sides also available for belt widths of 1.5m to 3.0m