A wedge conveyor elevator, available from FlexLink Systems , uses two conveyor tracks facing each other to provide fast and gentle transport, horizontally as well as vertically. The chain on these wedge conveyor elevators have flexible cleats to carry the product without damaging it. Different cleats are available to accommodate the wide variety of products which may be handled.
Examples of applications where this wedge conveyor elevator are applicable include transport of soda cans, glass and plastic bottles, cardboard boxes and tissue paper. Wedge conveyors are suitable for high production rates and can be designed to save floor space. Owing to their principle of operation, the wedge conveyors are not suitable for transport of heavy or irregularly shaped objects.
Following are the features of standard wedge conveyor elevators:
- Fast, high-capacity vertical transport
- Smooth handling of products
- Suitable for filling and packaging lines
- Flexible building block principle
- Lightweight, space-saving system
- Only hand tools required to build conveyor
- Easily integrated into other FlexLink conveyors
Following are the factors to be considered when planning for a wedge conveyor:
- The product should withstand some side pressure
- Wet products should be avoided, their lower friction may cause slippage, slowing the flow of products
- Support rails should be used when the products are heavy or susceptible to compression