Firetail DAQ has released three new 1-MHz, 16-bit multifunction USB data acquisition devices, and a cost-saving expansion module for high channel count applications.
The USB-1616HS, the USB-1616HS-2, and the USB-1616HS-4 deliver outstanding performance with synchronous analog, digital, and frequency I/O in one compact package.
The AI-EXP48 plug-in expansion module coupled with any of the USB-1616HS series modules can quadruple the analog input channel count.
The USB-1616HS series modules have a unique, low-latency control output mode, whereby any input—analog, digital, or counter, can control an output—digital, analog, or timer, based on pre-defined limits, including hysteresis.
The outputs are controlled directly from the USB-1616HS series module, and do not require PC intervention. This results in response times that are measured in microseconds instead of milliseconds.
The USB-1616HS series offers extensive trigger options, ranging from analog trigger with 1 µs max latency, to multi-channel triggering, where any combination of analog, digital, and counter input channels can be combined to initiate the trigger. Other trigger modes include digital pattern, level, edge, inside/outside window, and pre- and post-trigger.
USB-1616HS series features:
- 16 single-ended / 8 differential analog inputs (64/32 using the AI-EXP48 expansion module)
- 16-bit resolution
- 1-MHz throughput rate
- 7 programmable input ranges from ±100 mV to ±10 V full scale
- Any analog input can measure voltage or thermocouples—any TC type on any channel
- Over-sampling mode, including line-cycle rejection for ultra stable TC and low-level voltage measurements, even in the presence of AC power line noise
- Two 16-bit, 1-MHz analog outputs (USB-1616HS-2 only)
- Four 16-bit, 1-MHz analog outputs (USB-1616HS-4 only)
- 24 Digital I/O bits
- 4 MHz throughput for digital I/O and counter input data
- 4 counter inputs capable of measuring frequency, period, pulse width, or quadrature encoders up to 20 MHz
- 2 timer outputs
The packaging for the USB-1616HS series is designed to make it easy for the user to use in a variety of applications. Removable screw terminals facilitate attaching and removing without having to re-wire. The modules can be easily DIN-rail mounted for applications where the device is mounted in a rack or with a protective enclosure.
The number of analog input channels on the USB-1616HS series can be quadrupled with the addition of the AI-EXP48 analog input expansion module option, increasing from 8 diff/16 single-ended inputs to 32 diff/64 single-ended inputs.
All of the features of the built-in analog channels are included when the AI-EXP48 is attached, including the ability to measure thermocouples on any input channel. Users can simply plug the AI-EXP48 directly into a USB-1616HS series module, or use an optional cable.
The USB-1616HS series modules ship with an impressive array of software, including the new TracerDAQ, a full-featured, out-of-the-box data logging, viewing, and analysis application; Universal Library; UL for LabVIEW; and InstaCal installation, calibration, and test utility—powerful software solutions for programmers and nonprogrammers alike.