10G X2 defines a smaller form-factor 10 Gb/s pluggable fibre optic transceiver optimized for 802.3ae Ethernet, ANSI/ITUT OC192/STM- 64 SONET/SDH interfaces, ITUT G.709, OIF OC192 VSR, INCITS/ANSI 10GFC (10 Gigabit Fibre Channel) and other 10 Gigabit applications.
X2 fibre optic transceiver is initially focused on optical links to 10 kilometres and is ideally suited for Ethernet, Fibre Channel and telecom switches and standard PCI (peripheral component interconnect) based server and storage connections, where a "half size" XENPAK optical transceiver is desired.
X2 fibre optic transceiver is physically smaller than XENPAK but maintains the mature electrical I/O specification defined by the XENPAK MSA and continues to provide robust thermal performance and electromagnetic shielding.
Features of the 10G X2 fibre optic transceiver:
- Laser Class 1
- MSA compliant
- Distance up to 300m, 10km and 40km
- VSCEL , 1310nm DFB or 1550nm DFB transmitter
- IEEE 802.3ae compliant electrical interface
- Alarms, controls and performance monitoring functions
- Dimensions: 91mm x 36mm x 13.46 mm
- RoHS, CE, FDA, FCC, TUV etc certifactes
- Metropolitan area network
- Building vertical riser
- Inter and Intra Campus
- Data Centres
10G X2 fibre optic transceiver is available from FibreOptical Australia .