Festo offers the VZWF series force pilot operated solenoid valves designed to be operated without differential pressure.
VZWF series force pilot operated valves are ideal for application in various industries including water treatment, petrochemical, pneumatics, liquid gas installations and power plant systems.
The force pilot operated valves from the VZWF series use relatively small solenoids to control high pressures with large nominal diameters. They can switch at pressures as low as 0 bar and close automatically via a normally closed function in the event of a pressure loss in the circuit.
Support by the pressure of the medium is a highlight of this type of actuation. This means that smaller coils can be used in comparison with direct operated valves as less power is required at the coil to open the valve. The energy of the pressure of the medium is also used for this purpose.
VZWF series force pilot operated solenoid valves find use in applications:
- in which operation is required from 0 bar
- with a closed media circuit
- with media with a viscosity of up to 22mm²/s
Key advantages of VZWF series force pilot operated solenoid valves:
- Can be operated with water, air and neutral media
- Controls high pressures with large nominal diameters
- Suitable for use in requirements where the medium can be vented downstream of the valve into the atmosphere or a tank
- Operates from 0 bar
- Ideal for applications in closed media circuits
- Integrated N/C function
- Filling systems (secondary circuit)
- Water treatment
- Pipeline construction
- Steam boiler construction
- Liquid gas installations
- Hot water applications
- Heating circuits
- Power plant systems
- Petrochemical industry
- Pump systems
- Storage tank installations
- Pneumatics (factory automation)