Festo presents a compact range of SFAM flow sensors capable of high flow rates.
Designed to operate either as a standalone unit or combined with MS series service units, these modular flow sensors offer advantages including reliable performance, large measurement range, easy operation, flexible installation and fast commissioning.
Systematically more reliable, the flow sensors cover a large measuring range with a specified accuracy thanks to a high dynamic response of 1:100. The sensors can provide precise information even in fluctuating and unreliable flow conditions.
Easy to install and quick to commission, the plug-and-work flow sensors offer user-friendly operation with simple menu prompts. The SFAM has an extremely compact, space-saving design optimised for flow performance.
Key features of SFAM flow sensors:
- Provides absolute flow rate information with threshold values and convenient switching point adjustment via a display
- Offers cumulative air consumption measurement
- Patented adjustable consumption-based switching pulse for cumulative air consumption measurement via the switching output
- Large, illuminated LCD display ensures easy readability of currently displayed flow rate or consumption values
- Measured values outside the measuring range are visualised with flow rates shown as flashing
- Switching outputs (NPN/PNP) can be switched over via the menu
- Simple checking of current sensor settings in SHOW mode
- Simple switching between consumption and flow rate indication
- Values on the display can be shown for different standard conditions (DIN 1343, ISO 2533, ISO 6358)
- alues can be filtered/averaged independent of analogue output for high measuring dynamics
- Fast commissioning thanks to easy-to-use, intuitive teach-in function
- Manual consumption measurement with start/stop and reset functionality