Festo presents the VZWD direct operated solenoid valves suitable for operation in high pressure conditions with low flow rates.
With the ability to operate without differential pressure at up to 90 bar even in closed media circuits, VZWD direct operated solenoid valves are ideal for high-pressure and dosing applications, especially in factory and process automation.
In contrast to force pilot operated or pilot actuated valves, the VZWD has no pilot ports.
The valve seat is raised by the actuator alone. A closing spring holds the valve closed with the support of the pressure of the medium. In the event of pressure loss, a normally closed function closes the valve automatically.
The maximum pressure range for the medium to be controlled is governed by the ratio of the valve seat size and the solenoid used.
Key advantages of VZWD direct operated solenoid valves:
- Can be operated with water, air and neutral media
- Valve will switch at any pressure from 0 bar to the maximum operating pressure of the valve
- Operation not affected by light levels of dirt
- Ideal for applications in closed media circuits in factory and process automation
- Integrated N/C function
VZWD directly actuated solenoid valves find use in:
- Applications requiring an operating pressure from 0 to 90 bar
- Applications with a closed media circuit
- Applications with high pressures and low flow rates
- Applications in media with a viscosity of up to 22mm²/s Vt
- Vacuum systems down to 100 mbar
- Venting gas and storage tank installations
- Safety shut-off functions in burner management systems
- Low-pressure gas supplies for industry and households to DIN EN 161
- Gas dosing systems
- High-pressure cleaning
- Pneumatics (factory automation)