THE positive locking end-position interlock EL from Festo's modular DNC system provides a highly dependable crash-protection device to safeguard sensitive machine components or tools.
Due to the integrated mechanical end-position interlock, this cylinder does not creep if a pressure drop occurs, thus preventing damage to machinery and injury to persons.
The DNC EL cylinder is not only cost effective, but also offers the following benefits:
* Standard solution for a variety of applications with good price/performance ratio.
* Long service life: The state of wear of the interlock is not critical for its operation.
* Compact integrated solution to allow system designers maximum flexibility.
Fast and easy system design:
* No need for complex user-made devices and the associated functional and safety tests.
* The triggering of the end-position interlock needs no additional valves or sensors.
* Positive-locking action when end position is reached (interlock side under no- pressure conditions.)
* Automatic release of interlock only when pressure is applied to the cylinder.
* Holding force >max.cylinder force
* For front or rear or both end positions.
* For pistons diameters 32...100mm
* Manual locking and release possible.
* Cartridge design.