A training course aimed at providing a pathway for people who work as, or wish to work as operators of public weighbridges is being offered in 2012 by the National Measurement Institute.
Also suitable for operators of trade weighbridges, the innovative program aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- adhere to legislative requirements
- understand the legal obligations and duties of an operator
- make accurate measurements; and
- complete measurement tickets correctly.
The course comprises a one day course and post-course assessment based on the application of knowledge and skills. It is appropriate for experienced personnel who wish to work under a servicing licence to operate weighbridges, providing the minimum skill set required for licensing.
The weighbridge operators training course will be held at a number of locations in early 2012:
- 9th February at NMI, Lindfield, NSW
- 15th March at NMI, Quarry Hill, VIC
- 24th May at NMI, Kensington, WA; and
- 21st June 2012 at NMI, Moonah, TAS.
Topics covered include:
- legislation relating to weighbridges
- responsibilities of owners/operators
- requirements for weighbridges in use for trade
- requirements for public weighbridges
- weighing methods
- ticket writing; and
- end-and-end weighing.
Candidates who meet all the requirements of the assessment component of this training course will be awarded a nationally recognised statement of attainment.