Over the past three months, Ferret.com.au has published a series of articles focussing on the products and services offered by specific companies as they relate to the needs of manufacturers and other industrial businesses.
Here, we round up a number of these features, with a particular view to solutions for factories, warehouses and other industrial sites that are designed to:
- minimise packaging waste and make bulk handling easier and more efficient
- enhance productivity through automation; and
- improve security by protecting industrial sites from unauthorised access.
Bulk Handling Solutions developed by CEVA Pallecon
CEVA Pallecon is the bulk handling division of CEVA Logistics, a leading logistics company that provides end-to-end design, implementation and operational capabilities in freight forwarding, contract logistics, transportation management and distribution management.
- In the first part of our series on CEVA Pallecon, we discuss questions of sustainability with regard to packaging on an industrial scale, and CEVA's approach to assisting customers in developing more sustainable business practices. In particular, we explore the environmental advantages of the company's rental service.
- In the second article in the series, we focus on returnable plastic containers for fresh food, made from 100 per cent recyclable food grade polymer, and bulk handling solutions for liquids such as raw materials, ingredients and work in progress.
- In the final part of this series, we look at CEVA's plastic folding bulk storage bins, suitable for food, automotive and general products, and the company's bulk handling solutions for hazardous goods.
Industrial Automation Solutions provided by CASI ANZ
Cornerstone Automation Systems (CASI) manufactures a range of material handling, packaging and manufacturing automation equipment. What makes the company unique is the fact that all of this manufacturing is done in-house, and draws on decades of experience developing state of the art automation solutions.
- To begin our series, we consider the productivity benefits that can be gained by manufacturers, distributors and other industrial companies by utilising automation systems in the warehouse, before looking at specific solutions designed for automatic product labelling.
- In the second part of the series, we focus on CASI's automated order picking systems, which are designed to automate order fulfilment requirements, in addition to turning our attention to the company's barcode and data collection solutions.
- We round out this series by looking at conveyor sortation systems for automatic sortation, routing and merging of stock, before finishing with a discussion of custom robotic automation systems from CASI, which are designed and engineered specifically to suit the turnkey requirements of each client.
Surveillance Systems from Hidden Camera Surveillance Services
Hidden Camera Surveillance Services supply and install small and large surveillance systems for various types of organisations including shopping centres, banks, hospitals, hotels and various industrial sites. The company specialises in cutting edge security solutions that are designed to provide complete security while remaining relatively maintenance free.
- In the first article in this series, we introduce HCSS's solar powered 3G motion activated security cameras, unique devices ideal for areas where no power is available that can be fully configured via SMS commands.
- Next, we discuss a solar flood early warning system offered by HCSS, in addition to camouflaged graffiti cams that are ideal for preventing unauthorised access, vandalism and theft on industrial sites.
- In the third part of this series, we look at a wireless gate alert kit designed for use as part of an active, on-site monitoring system.
- In the final article on HCSS, we focus specifically on mobile surveillance systems for use in trucks, vessels and heavy machinery, in particular DVR systems for mobile applications. As these systems are often exposed to high levels of vibration and other potentially damaging factors, we take a close look at the features incorporated into HCSS's MDVRs that assist in ensuring reliable, uninterrupted monitoring and playback of recorded footage.