The International Cargo Handling Co-ordination Association (ICHCA) International Biennial Conference will be held in Melbourne from the 8th to the 11th May, 2012.
With strong international sponsorship, the event promises a line up of expert speakers from a number of countries, including:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom; and
The 8th and 9th May will see speakers present on their global logistics vision for 2020, with the following day dedicated to panels involving updates and discussion from the International Safety Panel, International Security Panel and Environmental Sub Group.
A Gala Dinner will also be held on the evening of the 8th May.
The final day of the conference will involve a half day morning industry tour visiting Melbourne International Airport, the Patrick Intermodal facilities at Swanson Dock and the Port of Melbourne.
Topics addressed by the line up of international speakers at the conference include:
- Government freight policy
- Australia's freight future
- combined sea-air solutions
- intelligent supply chains
- greening road freight
- project management challenges
- global shipping developments
- global supply chain strategies
- developing rail services; and
- developing, planning and regulating airports and heavy lift airfreight.