Recently launched at the ARBS 2012, the fan selection program was very well received according to Fantech’s Information Systems Manager, Stuart Bryson who has been redeveloping the popular software. The new version of the program is faster and easier to use with more powerful features.
The first version of the program, the Interactive Product Suite was launched by Fantech in 1998 and helped engineers shift from searching for the right products manually to an automated system that assisted them in selecting fixed and adjustable pitch fans within the visual environment of Windows.
The fan selection software was enhanced over the years with additions including silencer selection and acoustic analysis modules as well as functions such as real-time linking with the Fantech website and the ability to export fan schedules to Excel.
The new Fans by Fantech Product Selection Program is a completely rebuilt version of the regular software and features a new interface that takes advantage of faster computers and larger screens to make it quicker and easier to select, compare and schedule fans and silencers.
Key features of Fans by Fantech Product Selection Program:
- All technical data displayed in one easy view with the ability to recall it at any time from a schedule
- Allows search by any product code, export to Excel and PDF quickly
- Saves all 2D DWG, DXF and 3D Revit files for one project all at once
- Energy efficiency calculations incorporated into every selection to facilitate the design of energy efficient systems
- New Basic mode for first time and less-technical users, allows quick selection of products in five simple steps
- Advanced mode for engineers, contractors and consultants requiring selections based on more specific criteria