The manufacturing plant is a purpose-specific general welding and fabrication facility serving the needs of a thriving NSW mining industry by building vehicle bodies. The ventilation system for the welding operations was planned right from the start to maximise the OH&S platform.
Fanquip designed and manufactured fans for the welding fume extraction system to clear the work environment for teams of 50 welders across two shifts a day. The solution uses 14 heavy duty roof fans to vent welding fumes from the plant.
With 60 employees working in this area at a time including 50 welders, the demand on the ventilation system is high, taking the two-shift workday into consideration. The fume extraction system is performing very well, exceeding expected outcomes. The Fanquip roof fans were installed by a local company on the plant roof.
Fanquip was chosen over other options primarily due to its proven expertise, highly durable technologies and superior air movement engineering capability.
Key features and benefits of Fanquip roof fans:
- Economical to run, high performance, heavy duty and little noise
- Two units can replace the performance of more than a dozen wind driven fans
- Fan diameters from 400mm to 1200mm
- Motor speeds from 720rpm to 2880rpm
- Free air volume capacity from 1484 l/sec to 14000 l/sec
- Most units are available in 1 Ph 240V and 3 Ph 415V