The MeatMaster from FOSS , has been designed to measure fat content at production speed.
The fat content in meat trimmings has traditionally been measured by periodic tests with ‘butcher’s eye’ or by chemical analysis methods. Now, Foss’MeatMaster™ offers a complete picture of all of the meat trimmings passing through the production line.
Thanks to the dual x-ray sources used by this meat scanner, a higher accuracy for fat determination is achieved, with accuracy levels down to 0.4-0.6%. The dual source system used in MeatMaster avoids the problem of ‘noise’ that is often associated with single x-ray source systems.
This meat scanner provides accurate information about fat content, weight and foreign object data for every production unit - even for frozen and packaged raw material. MeatMaster measures meat and trimmings at a rate that keeps pace with production at a rate of up to 22 tons per hour.
MeatMaster is precalibrated – a few adjustments made according to local conditions and MeatMaster is ready for use.
MeatMaster scans the meat 100%, offering the following advantages:
- Make the fat content of end products consistent to an accuracy of 1%
- Make optimal use of raw materials by getting the fat content just right all the time
- Improve production efficiency by avoiding out of specification products
- Reduce the analysis burden on the laboratory
- Spot metal and bone to avoid contamination or machinery damage