FLIR Systems Australia , the global leader in infrared technology, insists that all components of its new Infrared (IR) window range have been rigorously tested by independent authorities to international safety standards for enclosures that house dangerous electrical and mechanical parts.
The IR windows were designed by FLIR Systems to protect technicians, who regularly open electrical cabinets to perform IR and visual inspections of live components, from suffering arc flash injuries.
FLIR IR Windows feature a secure, permanently-hinged cover that creates a barrier between the technicians and energised equipment, eliminating the need for opening enclosures.
FLIR IR Windows features include:
- Easy installation
- PIRma-Lock™ reliability
- Quick and easy access hinged cover;and
- Broadband crystal IR window.
All FLIR IR Windows in the range are compatible with all thermal cameras and are easy to install and use than other brands. FLIR IR Windows can help engineers work more efficiently and with greater confidence as the threat of arc flash injury is significantly reduced. As a result FLIR IR windows have to potential to greatly improve productivity.
The following features of the FLIR IR window range have been tested:
- Seals when installed on a flat panel
- Mechanical forces including vibration, impact, and load
- Strength of the installation system
- Frame integrity during common equipment failures, such as arc flash and mechanical breakdown
- Effect of climate on frame and seals;and
- Long-term integrity of frame and seals.