FLIR Systems Australia is organising a special thermography training course on FLIR i-Series cameras for existing as well as prospective users of thermal cameras.
Covering IR Physics, camera training, hands-on training, classroom training and FLIR software, the half-day thermography training course is ideal for existing users of FLIR IR cameras, prospective users of thermal cameras as well as users of cameras from other brands.
While existing FLIR camera users will benefit from the in-depth knowledge of the FLIR trainer to achieve the most from their FLIR thermal imagers, prospective users of thermal cameras will receive solid grounding in thermography. Users of other brands will also gain an insight into FLIR’s infrared cameras.
Course participants are requested to bring their FLIR camera and laptop with FLIR software if possible.
Highlights of the half-day thermography course:
- Introduction to Thermography
- The E/M spectrum, equation linking energy and temperature
- Emissivity, reflected temperature, infrared wavebands
- Camera types, applications
- Introduction to FLIR cameras
- Features and functions of FLIR cameras
- Operating FLIR cameras
- Using FLIR cameras to take images
- Evaluation of images
- Making measurements including polished stainless steel
- Taking simple thermograms
- Hot reflections/ cold reflections
- Calculating the emissivity of an unknown surface
- Spot/ distance ratio
- Introduction to FLIR software
- Downloading images
- Analysing images
- Generating reports
- Date: Thursday, 16 February, 2012
- Time: 9.30 am – 12.00 noon
- Venue: FLIR Systems Australia, Norwest Central, Suite 610, 12 Century Circuit, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153