FLIR Systems Australia introduces a new range of thermal cameras designed primarily for CO gas leak detection in industrial environments.
The new FLIR GF346 thermal imaging cameras are capable of detecting carbon monoxide leaks as well as a number of other escaping gases to improve safety, protect the environment and guard investments in infrastructure.
CO emissions can be a significant threat to primary steel manufacturing operations and other industries where even the slightest leak in a vent stack or pipe can have a devastating effect.
Capable of detecting really small gas leaks, FLIR GF346 thermal imaging cameras can trace leaks to their source by visualising them in an image.
Besides carbon monoxide, the FLIR GF346 is capable of detecting gases such as Acetonotrile, Acetyl cyanide, Arsine, Bromine isocyanate, Chlorine isocyanate, Chlorodimethylsilane, Cyanogens bromide, Dichloromethylsilane, Ethenone, Ethyl thiocyanate, Germane, Hexyl isocyanide, Ketene, Methyl thiocyanate, Nitrous oxide and Silane.
With their ability to scan large areas rapidly and pinpoint leaks in real time, FLIR GF346 thermal imaging cameras are ideal for monitoring plants where it is difficult to reach components with contact measurement tools such as gas sniffers.
Key features of FLIR GF346 thermal imaging cameras:
- Real-time visualisation of gas leaks
- Can be used for a wide variety of thermal inspections
- Measures temperatures in a non-contact mode with ±1% accuracy
- Operating temperature range: -20ºC to +300ºC
- Internal data/video storage
- High sensitivity mode detects even very small amounts of leaking gas
- Digital camera and GPS
- High-performance LCD and tilting high resolution viewfinder
- Lightweight and robust design
- Multi-angle handle with integrated direct-access buttons
- Scans thousands of components per shift without interrupting the process
- Reduces repair downtime and provides verification of the process
- Exceptionally safe, allowing potentially dangerous leaks to be monitored from a safe distance
- Improves work safety significantly
- Ensures environmental and regulatory compliance
- Saves money by finding leaks that impact profits
- Also useful for general predictive maintenance, high and low voltage electrical installations, mechanical systems, pipework and insulation