Opening electrical cabinets to perform IR and visual inspections of live components is dangerous work, exposing technicians to the risk of a hazardous arc flash incident. Placing FLIR IR windows between the energised equipment and the workers would eliminate the need for opening enclosures.
Compatible with all thermal cameras, FLIR’s IR windows meet end application safety requirements for medium and high voltage switchgear (above 600V).
FLIR’s IR windows have undergone tests for:
- Seals when installed on a flat panel
- Ensuring mechanical forces (vibration, impact, and load) don’t allow access to live electrical components
- Strength of the installation system
- Frame integrity during common equipment failures (arc flash, mechanical breakdown)
- Effect of climate on frame and seals
- Long-term integrity of frame and seals
FLIR’s broadband crystal lens allows cameras to capture visible light pictures as well as thermal images. It also allows LED and laser illumination to pass straight through for clearer visual assessments.
FLIR IR windows can be combined with a FLIR thermal camera featuring integrated visible light video, lamps and a laser pointer to accomplish a wide range of thermal imaging jobs successfully.
Key features of FLIR IRW series windows:
- Easy installation using the same design as common conduit connections
- PIRma-Lock reliable locknut technology allows teeth to lock tight to the inside of the panel
- Quick access hinged IR window cover can be released with a simple thumb screw
- Easy, flip-open hatch for faster scans
- Broadband crystal IR window with lens encased in rugged, anodised aluminium frame
- Allows indoor and outdoor scans
- Transmits short, mid and long wave IR images
- Supports visual inspections and fusion features
- Greater productivity and ROI with significantly reduced inspection time
- Efficient assessments within NFPA 70E guidelines
- Requires only one person instead of three for inspections
- Eliminates need for cumbersome PPE
- Helps reduce vast majority of arc flash triggers
- Meets UL, KEMA, and TUV standards and ratings
- Withstands arcs, vibration, and extreme humidity
- Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects