FLIR Systems Australia introduces a new generation of compact thermal imaging cameras designed for predictive maintenance and building inspection applications.
The new E-Series range of IR handheld imaging cameras is packed with new features such as WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, touch-screen operation and iPhone app.
The new FLIR E-Series thermal imaging cameras are available in three different ‘point-and-shoot’ models including E40, E50 or E60 for electrical and industrial applications as well as a bx range for buildings.
The lightweight and compact IR cameras are competitively priced, offering value for money along with high performance. FLIR describes the handheld cameras as designed to fit IR inspection programs and the palm of the hand.
Designed to deliver high quality resolution, FLIR E-Series IR imaging cameras come with user-friendly features such as MeterLiNK, a large 3.5” LCD screen and the ability to communicate findings efficiently using Bluetooth.
Weighing in at 800g and tested to survive and maintain accuracy after a 2m fall to concrete, the IR cameras are built tough to withstand the rigours, shocks and vibrations of daily use.
- FLIR E40/E40bx: 160 x 120 IR resolution (19,200 pixels), 70mK NETD, 2.72 mrad, zoom x 2
- FLIR E50/E50bx: 240 x 180 IR resolution (43,200 pixels), 50mK NETD, 1.82 mrad, zoom x 4, thermal fusion, scalable PiP
- FLIR E60/E60bx: 320 x 240 IR resolution (76,800 pixels), 1.36 mrad, instant report, extra battery, headset
Key features of E-Series IR thermal imaging cameras:
- Superior thermal imaging offering up to 76,800 pixels (320 x 240) for better long-range accuracy and high point-and-shoot camera IR resolution
- Improved digital camera with 3MP resolution that provides clear visible light pictures and includes bright LED lamp that doubles as a flashlight
- Large, bright landscape touch-screen provides an intuitive interface that takes full advantage of the entire 3.5” display with no image cropping
- Thumbnail JPEG image gallery
- Wi-Fi connectivity allows the user to send images and data to an iPhone or iPad to share reports and critical information quickly
- FLIR View AppLaser Pointer pinpoints a reference spot with a laser and aligns a marker to it on the image for precise detection
- Accurate temperature measurements calibrated within 2% or +/– 2ºC
- Scalable PiP and thermal fusion functions: Overlays thermal and visible images for easy location identification and clearer documentation
- Allows multiple measurements wherein the user can add up to 3 box areas and 3 moveable spots using the touch-screen to get detailed temperature information
- MeterLiNK allows wireless transmission of vital diagnostic data from clamp and moisture meters directly to the camera for annotating thermal images
- Annotation feature enables addition of voice comments via Bluetooth headset as well as text notes from the touch-screen keypad
- InstantReport generates a professional PDF document directly from the camera
- Lightweight and rugged design with large easily operated backlit buttons and six palette choices
FLIR Ebx handheld imaging cameras designed for building inspections include features such as 3.5” touch-screen, built-in insulation and dew point alarms, making them ideal for moisture detection, plumbing problems, HVAC heating and cooling as well as air flow among others.
Infrared cameras can detect, spot and measure temperature differences over entire surfaces, varying from -20ºC to +650ºC.
Thermal imaging in preventative maintenance applications can arrest or prevent cost-intensive failures, equipment damage and energy leaks.
According to Roger Christiansz, Managing Director, FLIR Systems Australia, E-Series is a successful combination of strong industrial design and lightweight materials.
He adds that FLIR expects the E-Series to be in demand in a wide spectrum of sectors including manufacturing, R&D, automotive, electronics, logistics, renewable energy, construction and HVAC.