Lenze's drive partner in Lebanon, I.Network Automation used Lenze SMD inverters to control two custom-designed 10m diameter rotating platforms, each with a load capacity of 5 tons to enable daily live transmission of iLMaestro, a popular Middle Eastern TV programme during the Holy Month of Ramadan in 2009.
I.Network Automation provided a complete solution for the project from design to delivery in a challenging time frame. The company created an open, flexible modular system that allowed easy enhancement and modification for future transmissions.
Two 5-ton customised modular mechanical structural assemblies of 10m diameter were each driven by a 2.2kw AC motor with a variable speed clockwise and anti-clockwise functionality provided by a 4kw SMD drive.
The customer’s specification also called for flexible operation with soft start and stop, and adjustable speed and direction of rotation, all of which were provided by the SMD variable speed drives.
A key requirement for the design, that the platforms had to be simple to operate was met by a 3-position selector switch and potentiometer connected to the SMD drive.
In addition to the platforms and drive systems, I.Network Automation also supplied an offset area and an additional rotating collector for embedded lighting.
Key features of Lenze’s SMD AC drives:
- Brings inverter drive functionality and efficiency to a wider range of simple motor control applications
- Breaks through the existing price barrier for AC drives while retaining high functionality and user-friendly features
- Power ratings from 0.25kW to 22kW
- Range of international voltage options to support export sales
- Innovative EPM memory chip cuts programming and service time by 90% for OEM manufacturers and systems integrators
Lenze SMD drives are available in Australia from FCR Motion Technology .