Extreme Safety distributes the Blitzductor XTU, a universal surge arrester that adapts itself to the nominal voltage of the installation and is an innovation from DEHN + SÖHNE.
Blitzductor XTU universal surge arresters are combined lightning current and surge arresters designed to protect information and automation systems.
The Blitzductor XTU is a new, revolutionary technology wherein the nominal voltage is not specified. The arrester can be used for all voltages in the range of 0V to 180V DC.
The technology innovation allows the arrester to automatically detect the signal voltage of the information signal and adapt itself to this voltage. It also continuously adapts its voltage protection level to the currently applied signal voltage and is ideally suited for all AC applications.
In case of interference, the Blitzductor XTU arresters always have an adapted, minimal residual voltage for every signal voltage, providing maximum protection for devices and systems connected to them.
The new Blitzductor XTU arresters also considerably reduce planning efforts and minimise storage requirements. Even if the voltages to be used for signal transmission on various systems in a project are not known during the design and planning stage, the Blitzductor XTU surge arrester allows specifying a protective device. This feature also simplifies procurement and storage.
Blitzductor XTU arresters are also ideally suited for retrofitting existing systems with surge protection devices or replacing existing arresters. Selecting a voltage specific protection device is not an issue if Blitzductor XTU arresters are used as they are designed to self-programme to the correct settings.
Blitzductor XTU arresters are pluggable arresters consisting of a BXTU protection module, which contains all surge protection components and a DIN rail mountable BXT base part.
Features of Blitzductor XTU surge arresters:
- Terminals for two twin wires and earth connection are provided in the base part
- An uninterrupted switch contact allows the protection modules to be removed and inserted without interrupting the system operation
- Patented LifeCheck monitoring function allows for easy testing of arresters during operation, provided that the protection module is plugged in
- LifeCheck monitoring function additionally allows the user to detect arresters pre-damaged by overload
- Real-time condition monitoring systems units to read the state of the XTU unit and transmit this information to a desired location in real-time
DEHN + SÖHNE offers innovative lightning surge protectors and surge protection products, customised protection concepts as well as engineering and test services at the company’s in-house impulse current laboratory.