The warehouse management solution (WMS) from Exact Software is now available with a new stock keeping units (SKU) functionality.
This SKU functionality is currently offered in an extended controlled release phase of the WMS and will become standard within E-WMS Replenishment after the controlled release.
SKU management enables the user to tag any stock unit in the warehouse with a unique number of identification, much like a license plate.
This enables users to simple scan a unique number instead of scanning warehouse, location, item and batch numbers as well as quantity per individual item, allowing them to register and trace complete sets of goods from reception to improve warehousing efficiency rapidly. This unique number is generated and the label printed during the stock reception processes.
Key benefits of the new SKU functionality:
- Higher efficiency and accuracy in handling processes
- Unique SKU number for each stock item results in error reduction
- FIFO/LIFO picking advice possibilities based on the SKU reception date
- Possibility to advice ‘full pallets’ directly from bulk locations instead of picking locations
- Enhanced tracing since SKU transaction history is always available