Bowers digital cylinder bore gauges are a new innovation in bore diameter measurement.
Based on Bowers’ popular standard bore series, the gauge now covers four different mechanical dial gauge options: .00005" /.001mm, .0005" /01mm all in a single instrument.
The display can be set to function on either inch or metric with switchable resolution, depending on the workpiece tolerance.
With programmable preset on minimum value, once the gauge has been set with a single button press after a sweep of the gauge, the component bore size can be read from the display.
Cylinder bore gauge features:
- Displays actual bore or comparative results (min/max hold)
- Direct inch/metric conversion
- Presettable to ring gauge or setting master
- Resolution .00005 "/.001mm, .0005 "/.01mm
- Direct RS-232 output for SPC or printer
- Fast checking of bores -- size, ovality, taper, etc
- Lightweight ABS gauge shroud for extra protection
- Tungsten carbide contact points
- Thermally insulated for extra stability
- Robust construction for shop floor use
- 2-point measuring with 3-point centring
- Ranges from 0.5" to 24" (12-600mm)
Bowers cylinder bore gauges have been built on the Bowers' reputation for quality, a fast, accurate method for checking bores.
Originally designed for engine rebore use, these bore gauges have since been developed into a universal, wide range, two point internal measuring system suitable for many applications.
Longer or shorter stem lengths are available for special applications. Deep bores in excess of 10 feet (3m) can be realised.
The Bowers cylinder bore gauges are available from Exact Metrology.