As an Australian manufacturer of TV lifts, Ergomotion sees consumers comparing pricing on TV lifts rather than the technical capabilities on offer.
Different TV lifts are manufactured by numerous companies and there are numerous differences between the TV lift models available.
Some of the questions to ask about the different models of TV lifts include:
- Do the TV lifts feature noiseless operation?
- Do the TV lifts feature smart logic?
- Do The TV lifts have an optional remote control and is this included in the cost?
- Do the TV lifts have one motor or multiple motors?
- How easy are the TV lifts to install?
- How long is the warranty? Are spare parts readily available?
- How stable are the TV lifts especially when fully extended?
TV lifts from overseas can be considered, but there is more than just the price to be looked at. Some questions to ask before buying TV lifts from overseas include:
- Is the TV lift of comparable quality and design of a locally manufactured one?
- Is the voltage approved and suitable for Australian use?
- Will there be duties, taxes and GST payable on the goods when bringing into the country? These costs and other miscellaneous costs can end up costing you a lot more than a local supplier.
- Will anyone back up the warranty?
Ergomotion are only experts in their own TV lift designs, so will offer an impartial breakdown of their TV lifts and what each one is capable of. Costs of TV lifts vary based on the design of each unit as each is designed for a particular market.
The motionpc is a TV lift that has been designed for smaller TV’s up to 37” or 45kg in weight. Due to the single post design, motionpc TV lifts are not as stable as the motiontv models. However, motionpc TV lifts are able to lift most of the flat screen TV’s available on the market today.
The motiontv-DL442 TV lift is a double post lift, making them stable and strong and capable of holding TV’s up to 42” or 660mm in height or 120kg. There is a microprocessor that controls the speed of each post (for instances where there is more load on the one side of the TV than the other). This TV lift has a mounting plate that suits most TV’s up to 42”. This TV lift has the ability to mount the TV between the post giving a very slim fit and only requiring 145mm of depth to fit the lift in to.
The motiontv-DL1160 is similar to the motiontv-DL442 but is designed to lift the larger screens that measure more than 42” up to 960mm in height and that weigh up to 100kg.
All TV lifts enable the TV to be mounted close to the ground. This makes the design of the cabinet as low as possible so and the design of the cabinet is usually governed by the height of the TV rather than to the height of the lift.