The configuration of double deep selective pallet racking is suitable for utilising floor space, especially for moderate stock levels. Double deep selective pallet racking, available from Erect-A-Rack , is created by placing two double entry runs together. Pallets are stored two deep and are accessed using trucks with pantograph of telescopic forks.
Double deep selective pallet racking has the following benefits:
- Higher use of floor space by reducing the number of access aisles
- Increased storage capacity
- Not suitable for rapid stock rotation, the first pallet in is the last pallet out
- 50% selectivity and accessibility of goods
- Floor area utilisation: 50% (High)