Elastomers are extremely versatile and can offer a superior cost advantage, performance and a real alternative where plastics, metals, woods and ceramics have been used in the past.
Polyurethane Elastomers offer increased abrasion resistance and durability
Era Polymers information and contact details
Polyurethane Elastomers have the following advantages over conventional materials;
- Better wear, corrosion and toughness on impact and abrasion resistance
- Higher durability to withstand impact and shock loading
- Light weight
- Higher hardness
- Resistant to oils, ozone, radiation, mould and fungi
- Reduced noise pollution in the workplace
- Pourable and castable allowing cheaper tooling and fabrication of complicated pieces
Polyurethane Elastomers are designed for demanding applications, including the following
- Automotive: Grommets, bearings, bushes and flexible couplings.
- Building and Construction: Moulds for concrete, gate seals, concrete pump parts and waterproofing.
- Coated fabrics: Conveyor belts, fuel storage tanks, power transmission belts.
- Electrical: Encapsulation, insulation, potting, cable joining.
- Engineered components: Gears, sprockets, wire guides, rail draft gear, stripper plates, press brake pads, textile yarn guides, cutting boards, business machine belts, couplings.
- Mining: Bucket liners, conveyor rollers, scraper blades, floatation cell impellors, pump linings, grading screens, lined pipes, cross-over pads.
- Oil, Chemical and Marine: Bushings, bearings, hydrocyclones, buoys, pipeline pigs and scrapers, fenders, valve seats.
- Rollers: Board rollers, nip rollers, metal forming, printing, conveyor, can coating, paper mill.
- Seals and Gaskets: Pneumatic and oil seals, diaphragms.
- Wheel and Tyres: Fork-lift tyres, heavy duty castor wheels, escalator wheels, roller skate wheels, roller blade wheels.