EPSON Micro PowerDrive controller is a low cost, high performance robot controller that provides the ultimate experience in ease of use, compact size, and reliability at low cost. With core performance features superior to many other robot vendors high end controllers, the EPSON Micro PowerDrive creates a whole new class of robot controllers for customers seeking the ideal mix of low cost and high performance. Some of the major features include:
- Low cost and high performance
- Fast robot cycle and program execution times
- Compact size (smallest 6-axis controller in the industry)
- Use as stand alone, PLC slave or with PC
- PowerDrive servo system ensures maximum robot performance
- Industry leading ease of use with EPSON RC+ software
- Fully integrated options including: Microsoft .NET support, DeviceNet, Profibus, Additional I/O and more
At the heart of the Micro PowerDrive is the new EPSON PowerDrive servo technology that provides superior path control, incredibly fast accel/decel times, and tremendous overall motion capabilities in an ultra compact form factor. As the industry's small 6-axis robot controller, the Micro PowerDrive can be mounted inside a standard cabinet panel next to a PLC saving valuable factory floor space. But do not let the small size fool you. The Micro PowerDrive combines tremendous power and flexibility that allows it to be used for stand alone, PLC slave, and PC driven applications.
The Micro PowerDrive is available with all EPSON E2 SCARA and Pro Six 6-axis robots and includes an enhanced version of the popular and industry leading EPSON RC+ development environment. With powerful features such as 16 axis multi-tasking, the full features SPEL+ programming language, project management, source level debugging with EPSON SmartSense technology and more, the Micro PowerDrive with EPSON RC+ reduces development time allowing developers to build automation systems faster and easier.
- Desktop, Wall, Rack, Floor, Ceiling
- E2 SCARA controller: 300(W) x 170(D) x 240(H) (without options)
- Pro Six Controller: 355(W) x 170(D) x 240(H) (without options)
- E2 SCARA controller: 7Kg (without options)
- Pro six controller: 8Kg (without options)
- Up to 4 option boards can be installed
- Intel ULV Celeron 400 MHz
- 64 MB Flash
- 64 MB DRAM
- 128K SRAM (for backup variables)
- Ethernet: 10/100Base T - High speed connection to 1 or more controllers and PC via network
- USB Port 1: Direct 1 to 1 high speed connection to 1 controller
- USB Port 2: for USB memory
- 24 Inputs / 16 Outputs (8/8 may be configured as remote I/O)
- 32 Inputs / 32 Outputs per board (up to 4 boards total)
User PC requirements
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- CPU speed: 850 MHz (or faster)
- Required HDD space: 500 MB (minimum)
- EPSON RC+ 5.0 Includes the following:
- Project Explorer for easy access to application files
- Point and click configuration wizards
- Point file spreadsheets for editing points
- Robot Manager for jobbing, teaching points and configuring robot parameters
- Run Window for fast development
- Operator Window for easy production use
- I/O monitor and I/O label editor allow easy setup and monitoring of I/O status
- Task manager provides debugging/monitoring dialog for all actively running tasks
- Integrated help system is always just a click away
- SPEL+ high performance language with 275+ commands (reduced instruction set from SPEL+ language used with RC420 and RC520 high performance controllers)
- Up to 16 simultaneous tasks
- Source level debugger with single step, breakpoints, multiple task handling, watch points, and built-in EPSON SmartSense Technology
- Color based editor with auto syntax assist, code indent, and built-in EPSON SmartSense Technology
- Redundant emergency stop circuit
- Redundant safeguard circuit (low power mode)
- Lockout/tagout lock device
- Dynamic brake
- Motor overload detection
- Positioning servo error detection
- Irregular motor torque detection
- Encoder cable disconnect detection
- Memory check-sum error detection
- Motor speed error detection
- Overload detection
- Drive module overheat detection
- CPU irregularity detection
- Speed overflow servo error detection
- 200 - 240 VAC; Single phase 50/60 Hz
Rated ambient temperature
- 5 - 40 degrees C
- Easy to use controller as PLC slave through DeviceNet, Profibus or Remote I/O connection
The following items are included with RC170-based EPSON Robot
EPSON RC+ 5.0: The industry leading, easy to use programming software that runs as a Microsoft Windows application.
Powerful SPEL+ Language: 275+ statements and functions
PowerDrive Technology: EPSON servo system that maximizes robot speed and minimizes settling time for optimum motion performance.
SmartSense Technology: EPSON RC+ software feature that reduces overall programming times.
Jog and Teach Software Pendant: EPSON RC+ programming software has a built-in teach pendant used to move and program the robot.
RC170 Controller: Light weight, ultra compact, multi-mount controller that easily fits inside cabinets or other tight locations.
24 Digital I/O: 16 user inputs and 8 user outputs that can be configured as either PNP type or NPN type.
Power and signal cable: 3 meter power and signal cables from Controller to Robot.
Emergency stop cable: Provides E-Stop circuit with E-Stop out of the box.
Communication ports: Ethernet and USB
Powerful Intel ULV Celeron CPU
Multitasking: 16 tasks can run concurrently
Manuals: EPSON Robots provides manuals in Adobe .pdf format. The electronic version manuals are on the hard drive.
Training: One $750.00 Training Credit is included with every robot & vision system.
Meets industry safety and manufacturing standards: ansi/ria 15.06 compliant and CE marked