Epicor Software introduces Epicor Retail Enterprise Store Central, an application designed to support POS and delivery of a seamless customer shopping experience across all retail channels through a unique multi-channel transaction adapter.
Epicor Software is a leading provider of enterprise business software solutions to the midmarket and Global 1000 companies.
Epicor Retail Enterprise Store Central provides powerful functionality to address the complex transaction requirements of today’s multi-channel retail enterprise.
Using the multi-channel transaction adapter, Enterprise Store Central simplifies retailers’ daunting task of enabling the full spectrum of POS and enterprise sales functions across stores and channels, enabling them to more effectively manage transactions and customer engagement.
The adapter integrates data from all channels, blending the e-commerce and brick-and-mortar experience for simplified shopping and streamlined information management.
Until now, retailers doing business in store and online had to choose a POS system that was strong in retail transactions, or one that was well equipped to handle web transactions.
Retailers were forced to deploy separate POS platforms for in-store and online transactions, doubling the management overhead and preventing retailers from providing a unified customer experience.
Randy Tofteland, executive vice president, retail software for Epicor believes that POS systems should be an enabler to today’s multi-channel retail enterprise.
For instance, when a consumer wants to return an item in store that was originally purchased online, it does not matter to them that the transaction engines behind those two channels are different. They want a seamless shopping experience across that brand.
Epicor Retail Enterprise Store Central and the powerful Epicor Retail Store 6.3 Point of Sale solution enable streamlined POS transactions across all channels, eliminating headaches for both retailers and consumers.
Key features of Epicor Retail Enterprise Store Central:
- Uses powerful Microsoft technology components to provide requisite transaction scalability, and support data reporting and analysis
- Retailers can transmit data in real-time to ensure accurate inventory information and pricing information across all channels
- Transaction ‘trickle’ feature addresses the need for up-to-the-minute sales transaction data, providing real-time feeds to sales audit programs, central feeds to Epicor Retail Enterprise Selling and central real-time electronic journals
- Enterprise-level SQL Server Analysis Services-based tool provides pre-audited data for near real-time reporting
- Dynamically analyses data and exports into Microsoft Excel, enabling retailers to track transaction trends to guide decision-making
- Simplifies configuration, administration and monitoring of POS devices
- Store administration interface supports centralised configuration management and provides greater visibility
- Central monitoring functionality helps retailers ensure the health of their POS hardware via alert and log enhancements as well as integration to IBM’s RMA/Director monitoring solution
- Provides the engine for digital receipts, prompting retail associates to offer customers traditional paper receipts, digital receipts or both
- Digital receipts can be easily tracked and stored, facilitating cost savings by reducing the reliance on expensive consumables such as ink and paper
- Returns are simplified as the electronic transaction can be stored, searched and easily retrieved