Epicor Software Corporation has announced the launch of Epicor University, a new centre of excellence for education for its customers, partners and employees.
Epicor Software is a leading provider of enterprise business software solutions for the mid-market and divisions of Global 1000 companies.
Epicor University is a global initiative that has been created with the following goals:
- To specifically address the challenge of delivering consistent high-quality training worldwide
- To expand the range of Epicor’s existing education deliverables
- To offer certification programs for Epicor’s fast growing partner channel
Epicor University consists of a dedicated central team that will be responsible for developing and delivering all aspects of education content, materials and blended training across the globe.
Louise Keppel, Vice President, Worldwide Education for Epicor and head of Epicor University says that the new initiative expands Epicor’s significant commitment to providing best-in-class training and education resources for their customers, partners and employees worldwide.
End-user training for their customers for instance, has a direct impact on the success of enterprise software implementations.
Epicor University will be an additional resource to help ensure that they have access to the best education and training available worldwide, delivered how they need it, when they need it - virtually, embedded or in the classroom.
Resources available at the Epicor University include embedded courses within their enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, extensive user guides, classroom courses and certifications as well as an online help system that consists of field help and technical reference guides.
Centralising the current resources and adding people to the education team will enable Epicor to offer expanded educational material and training options, delivering an improved service to customers, partners and employees, regardless of their location.
Key features of Epicor University:
- Provides customers with resources and tools to help them realise significant benefits from their enterprise software investment
- Enables individual users to succeed in the way they learn best
- Extensive educational resources enable users to get the most out of an organisation’s software investment
- Over 100 embedded courses associated with the award-winning Epicor 9 next-generation ERP suite
- Over 100 virtual or classroom courses available
- 2,500 pages of content and graphics in Epicor Technical Guides, and 74,000 fields defined in Epicor 9 Field Help
Driving Real Business Value through Education
Companion Systems, a specialist in the ATM surround and enclosure industry recently deployed the Epicor 9 next-generation ERP platform to support its diverse product line and global customer base.
According to Jason Hepworth, Controller for Companion Systems, educating the team and training the trainer are very important to a successful ERP implementation.
To support their implementation, Companion Systems purchased and used all the education and documentation resources offered by Epicor.
Mr Hepworth says that a key learning from the experience is that education and training of the end users, before and after the implementation is critical to success.