Caredesign Specialist Interiors, a division of Enware Australia , offers the Luxury Carekit Accessible Toilet.
The Luxury Carekit combines all the components needed for a unisex accessible disabled toilet in non-residential buildings, according to the requirements of the Building Code of Australia.
The new Carekit Accessible Toilet package is designed to create an up-market accessible toilet solution combining practicality and high quality finishes and which fully complies with AS1428.1, the Building Council of Australia and the Disability Discrimination Act.
“The Carekit saves a lot of time and research on behalf of architects, by combining in the one palletised pack the multiple items that would usually have to be sourced from multiple suppliers,” said Tim Knowles, National Product Manager of Caredesign.
“It is a real help for building and design professionals who are short of time and who may be unfamiliar with the exact regulatory requirements they have to meet for clients,” said Tim Knowles.
Featuring electronic touch-activated flushing technology, sensor-activated tapware and attractive powder-coated aluminium grab rail, the new Luxury Carekit complements Caredesign Specialist Interiors’ Standard Carekit and is also supplied in a convenient single palletised pack.
The Luxury Carekit comprises:
- Wall-faced Care pan, either S trap pan (CARE500S) or P trap pan (CARE500P)
- Dania Care toilet seat – single flap. Flat profile Dania seats are extra-strong and ergonomically designed to meet the various requirements of different users
- Toilet pan infill that neatly conceals any unsightly gap between the pan and the wall
- Convenient touch-activated flushing system with half or full flush options
- Wall-mounted single tap-hole basin with integral trap
- Sensor-activated hands-free basin tap with WELs four-star rating, combining water conservation with optimum hygiene
- Slip-resistant angled grabrail of 33mm diameter and with tactile powder lacquer finish
- Available in left and right hand versions
Applications include schools, factories, retail outlets, restaurants, cafes, hospitality venues, health facilities, transport terminals, workplaces and other venues where owners and managers are concerned to increase the comfort and safety of people with disabilities, including wheelchair users.
Designed to simplify the task of architects, builders, engineers, plumbers and other construction professionals involved with health, safety and disability access issues, the Carekit is designed from the outlet to comply with Australian Standard 1428.1 relating to the safety of people with disabilities.
Standard 1428.1 also requires that when more than one unisex accessible toilet is installed within a facility, there must be both left and right-handed designs, to provide a choice of transfer side. As a result, the Carekit is designed to suit both left and right hand applications.