Enware Australia introduces a new range of broad spectrum toxic chemical spill response kits formulated to prevent potential confusion and delay in responding to a wide range of hazardous chemical spills and vapours leaks.
Enware’s new line of toxic chemical spill response kits, FAST-ACT is suitable for laboratories in commercial, industrial, defence, scientific, educational and medical environments.
Enware Business Development Manager, Environmental and Health, Mr. Scott Whittaker says that FAST-ACT helps eliminate hesitation and delay in emergencies because users don’t have to think about the treatment to use.
He adds that the spill response kits are effective over such a broad range of potentially hazardous substances that they effectively replace as many as five different treatments that would be otherwise required.
FAST-ACT (First Applied Sorbent Treatment – Against Chemical Threats) has also been successfully trialled on hydrofluoric acid at the Australian National University to complement its successful use on the most Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs) and Toxic Industrial Materials (TIMs) in the market.
FAST-ACT is highly suitable for defence, emergency services, educational, government, hospitals and medical facilities, chemical manufacturing, general manufacturing, mining and resources, materials handling, petroleum and energy as well as process engineering and transport environments.
Key features of FAST-ACT toxic chemical spill response kits:
- Non-toxic, non-corrosive and environment-friendly sorbent that is easy to maintain and use, requires no pre-mixing and has no limited shelf life
- Originally developed for the military to counter Chemical Warfare Agents
- Rapidly neutralises a broad spectrum of toxic chemicals including acids, solvents, halogens, acidic and caustic gases, phosphorus and organic compounds
- Offers one-step neutralisation of a broad spectrum of liquid or vapour spills found in laboratories
- Highly effective on hydrofluoric acid, which can quickly cause severe skin, eye and respiratory irritations
- Quickly effective on typical small spills of highly toxic chemicals found in laboratories, including spills in confined spaces and vapours around fume cupboards
- Available in shakers, wall units and pressurised cylinders
- Adsorbs a wide range of dangerous industrial and military substances including CWAs, breaking them down to safer by-products
- Only relatively small quantities of product need to be used immediately on toxic liquid or vapour incidents
FAST-ACT joins Enware’s broad range of safety and environmental technologies including decontamination equipment, health management systems and emergency showers manufactured in Australia to comply with tough regulations covering workplace safety.