Various safety, laboratory and specialist plumbing solutions from Enware Australia were installed at the newly refurbished La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science.
One of Australia’s premier research facilities, La Trobe’s global molecular science facility features Australian designed and manufactured Enware solutions in its teaching, research and laboratory facilities.
The Enware fitout comprised of custom-designed solutions manufactured in Australia and distributed broadly throughout the LIMS facility, which was recently refurbished as part of the University’s largest investment to date in research and academic infrastructure, costing $97 million and including a new $85 million 11,000m² six-level teaching and research building adjoining the Physical Sciences 4 (PS4) building.
The Enware fitout package extends across a broad range of its product groups, which are purpose-built to achieve maximum efficiencies, hygiene and safety in industry, scientific, medical and educational applications.
According to Enware Managing Director Mr Adam Degnan, products and solutions were also customised to meet specific project requirements. Being an Australian manufacturer, Enware was able to meet the customer’s choice of configurations, materials and finishes in faster and more flexible lead times. The products also conform to high Australian Standards.
The Enware fitout comprised of ComLab commercial laboratory tapware, fume cupboards, emergency safety shower systems, hands-free electronic tapware, reverse osmosis tapware, barrier-free drinking water, and stylish wash basins.
Offering the practical benefits of simple operation, maximum control and proven long, serviceable life, ComLab designs are solid and versatile fittings ideal for bench, bollard and fume cupboard use in wall, bench and pendant-mounted configurations. Vandal-resistant features also make them suitable for university laboratories.
Major components of the Enware fitout:
- Long-life ComLab commercial laboratory tapware purpose-built to achieve maximum efficiencies, hygiene and safety in industry, scientific, medical and educational applications
- Fume cupboards housing dry media fittings come with complementary burning gas fittings, and feature precise feel and fingertip control as well as safety colour coding, in bench, pendant and wall-mounted options
- Emergency safety shower systems and eyewash equipment manufactured by Enware in addition to products distributed in areas such as spill containment storage, decontamination and Hazchem equipment
- Hands-free electronic tapware designed to deliver high levels of hygiene, functionality and comfort to users, features automatic shut-off for achieving water savings and cross infection control
- Reverse osmosis tapware to protect water integrity and maintain maximum water purity; made from materials to suit water applications
- Barrier-free drinking fountains designed to focus on people with disabilities
- Stylish, functional and durable IFO wash basins made of vitreous china offer hygienic and environmentally harmonious solutions for bathrooms