The new emergency eyewash units include a self-contained safety shower and eyewash featuring solar battery charging for remote locations.
Designed for industrial worksites where serious injury can occur if eye and skin accidents are not treated within seconds of exposure, the emergency safety showers are particularly suitable for mining, oil and gas, heavy engineering and energy plants.
Enware Australia Managing Director Mr Paul Degnan explains that copious irrigation of the eye or skin within seconds is considered one of the most important first aid techniques for accidents involving eye or skin contact with injurious materials. Experts recommend a maximum time of 10 seconds between accident and irrigation, making it highly imperative for industrial environments to have emergency eyewash and/or shower equipment handily located.
Key features of Enware safety showers with eyewash:
- Self-contained relocatable safety shower and eyewash
- Features loading/ unloading access for forklift tines or cranes
- Water storage capacity to operate both emergency shower and eyewash to AS4775-2007 requirements
- Does not need mains power or plumbing connection
- Developed for reliable performance even in ambient temperatures exceeding 45ºC
- Heavy stainless steel enclosure with stainless steel construction throughout for maximum lifespan and failsafe operation in harsh environments
- Operates from a self-monitoring fully independent power supply
- Supplied standard with water level, water temperature and battery supply indication gauges
Enware’s display on Stand E 36 at the WA Safety Show will include a broader range of stainless steel showers and eyewash equipment featuring breakthrough Vertex technology as well as Tobin, Enpac, FAST-ACT and ZeoMed products.
Tobin eye washes provide an effective, sterile and safe eyewash for industrial use. Enpac is a recognised world leader in spill protection and containment. FAST-ACT provides an immediate response to eliminate chemical hazards and minimise exposure. ZeoMed spill management systems provide a complete quick response solution for general and body fluid spills, offering protection against healthcare hazards.