The LW10 Series Leaf Wetness Sensors from Environdata Australia provide an output proportional to leaf wetness with approximately the same wetting and drying characteristics as a leaf.
Users own observations will indicate the wetness level that they are interested in. The sensors should be attached to the crops or trees and set to an angle similar to the leaves under test. Normally this is approximately horizontal.
Leaf wetness sensors are often used in irrigation scheduling, plant breeding, crop studies, and black spot warnings.
Features of LW10 Series leaf wetness sensors:
- Can differentiate between dew and rain
- Single or Dual Leaf sensors available
- Graphed output data is equivalent to standard hemp or string recorder
- Sensitivity can be set by user to detect low levels of moisture
- Large area provides averages