In real estate the catchcry is position, position, position. However, as the world becomes increasingly aware of the fragile environment, the catchcry has become recycle, recycle, recycle.
A Sydney company, which has embraced recycling with both arms is Enviro Pallets (NSW), which his based at Glendenning in the city’s west. Enviro Pallets’ sales in recycled softwood and hardwood pallets and plastic pallets have soared over the past 12 months as a host of clients, old and new, switch to second-hand pallets.
According to Enviro Pallets, a fast growing number of Enviro Pallets’ clients are becoming environmentally aware and are determined to contribute their little bit to helping save the planet. As well as receiving a quality second-hand product at a cheaper price, clients also receive a warm inner glow knowing they are jumping aboard the recycle bandwagon.
Enviro Pallets sales in recycled second-hand pallets rocketed in 2006, with timber sales leaping 22% and plastic sales an amazing 50%. During the 2006 calendar year, Enviro Pallets recycled just over 302,000 timber pallets, which otherwise would have ended up as around 900 tonnes of landfill in Sydney’s dwindling waste facilities.
Enviro Pallets also recycled nearly 48,000 plastic pallets, while tens of thousands of others were cut-up and forwarded to a plastic recycler.
Enviro Pallets really is a one-stop shop for everything pallets, here is what the company offers its clients.
- Recycled second-hand pallets. Given new leases on life are softwood and hardwood standard (1200mm x 1200mm) pallets, 4-way entry EURO 1 (1200mm x 800mm) and EURO 2 (1200mm x 1000mm) pallets, popular 1100mm x 1100mm pallets plus a wide range of bastardised sized pallets.
- Markets a full range of second-hand plastic pallets – economy, heavy-duty, industrial, rackable, export, and pressed wood pallets.
- Manufactures new standard (1165mm x 1165mm) and 1100m x 1100m softwood and hardwood pallets as well as block 4-way entry pallets.
- Manufactures custom-made pallets. No job is too big or too small.
- Manufactures boxes – again, no job is too small or too big.
- Offers an on-site heat-treatment service for clients required export pallets to meet strict export regulations. Enviro Pallets is an accredited export pallet heat treatment facility under the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme: Certification No. 13648.