A corner of the huge Enviro Pallets (NSW) yard at Glendenning in Sydney’s west looks something akin to the New York City skyline.
There are 23 towering stacks of recycled pallets of varying heights, and in the gloom just before the sun rises and sets, the area could be mistaken as Manhattan Island.
There are stacks of all types of plastic pallets:
Economy. Durable, thermoformed plastic. 4-way forklift access. 9-legged support.
Heavy duty. Tough, durable structural foam pallet. 4-way forklift access. large rectangular legs for stability. Drain holes in deck and feet to keep loads dry.
Rackable. Structural foam. One-piece foam is easy to clean. Blue pallets are approved for food contact.
Industrial. strong, injection-molded plastic. 4-way forklift access. Weather resistant to 55C.
Export. sturdy cost-effective pallet ideal for one-way shipping. ISPM15 exempt for export shipping. Weather resistant and will not rot or mildew. 4-way forklift access and 9-legged support.
The height of the towers vary each day as pallets are sold and others are fetched into the yard to be given a facelift and added to the stacks.
Sales of the cheap plastic pallets have really spiralled this year because of the quality of the recycled plastic pallets and the cheaper cost.
The company will recycle just on 47,000 plastic pallets this calendar year.
These pallets are cleaned up and those which cannot be put back into circulation because of damage, are cut up and sent to a plastic recycling company.
Enviro Pallets really is a one-stop shop for everything pallets – here’s what the company offers its clients.
- Recycled second-hand pallets. Given new leases on life are softwood and hardwood standard (1200mm x 1200mm) pallets, 4-way entry EURO 1 (1200mm x 800mm) and EURO 2 (1200mm x 1000mm) pallets, popular 1100mm x 1100mm pallets plus a wide range of bastardised sized pallets.
- Markets a full range of second-hand plastic pallets – economy, heavy-duty, industrial, rackable, export, and pressed wood pallets.
- Manufactures new standard (1165mm x 1165mm) and 1100m x 1100m softwood and hardwood pallets as well as block 4-way entry pallets.
- Manufactures custom-made pallets. No job is too big or too small.
- Manufactures boxes – again, no job is too small or too big.
Offers an on-site heat-treatment service for clients required export pallets to meet strict export regulations. Enviro Pallets is an accredited export pallet heat treatment facility under the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme: Certification No. 13648.
The environmentally-friendly company this calendar year is expected to recycle close to 300,000 second-hand timber pallets.
These pallets are given a new lease of life with a few nails, a board or bearer or two and a coat of paint and then put back into circulation.