What is that about taking coal to Newcastle or selling ice to an Eskimo?
Sydney pallet manufacturer and recycler, Enviro Pallets (NSW), is not exactly taking pallets to Pallet Land, but such is its reputation for quality and service and pricing. Enviro is leap-frogging interstate manufacturers to secure local contracts to deliver new timber hardwood pallets.
A company in South Australia ordered 1500 pallets, slightly larger than the standard 1200mm x 1200mm pallets, which were delivered on-time, painted and stencilled with the company’s name. The next-door neighbour, also in the same business, noticed the pallets and put through an order to Enviro Pallets for twice that many pallets. And his neighbour noticed his pallets and his neighbour noticed his pallets.....
Looks like Enviro Pallets (NSW) got itself a convoy. Albeit, a small convoy of trucks, traipsing the highways between Enviro’s headquarters at Glendenning in Sydney’s west and South Australia. So, how can a small but fast-growing pallet manufacturer and recycler in Sydney garner business with interstate companies in preference to their local suppliers?
Enviro Pallets has not exactly sat down with the South Aussies to discuss their reasoning, but obviously Enviro Pallets’ price is right, and so too is the quality of the product and service.
Enviro Pallets has been operating for nearly a decade, but since relocating to its new premises at Glendenning, only a Cooee call from the new M7 Motorway, business has burgeoned in the sale of all products.
Sales in new timber pallets, plastic pallets, pressed-wood pallets and recycled second hand pallets have gone through the roof, according to Enviro Pallets. The jump in sales has been attributed to Enviro Pallets’ ability to produce quality products at rock-bottom prices.
Enviro Pallets is in the fortunate position of having an on-site dock packing saw, which mills timber from the mills to required sizes that is a big saving in price, which it is able to pass onto out clients. Particularly pleasing for the company is the huge boom in the sale of its recycled second-hand pallets.
Enviro seeks them here and seeks them there; pallets destined for the rubbish dump, and take them to Glendenning, where they are given a new lease of life with a few nails, boards or bearers.
Enviro Pallets has budgeted to sell nearly 250,000 second-hand pallets in 2006, but that figure was surpassed in early October, and it now believes the company will go close to nudging the 300,000 mark by the end of December.
Enviro Pallets (NSW), really is a one-stop shop for everything pallets.
· Recycles second-hand pallets. Giving new leases on life are softwood and hardwood standard (1200mm x 1200mm) pallets, 4-way entry EURO 1 (1200mm x 800mm) and EURO 2 (1200mm x 1000mm) pallets, popular 1100mm x 1100mm pallets plus a wide range of bastardised sized pallets.
· Markets a full range of second-hand plastic pallets, economy, heavy-duty, industrial, rackable, export, and pressed-wood pallets.
· Manufactures new standard (1165mm x 1165mm) and 1100m x 1100m softwood and hardwood pallets.
· Manufactures custom-made pallets. No job is too big or too small.
· Manufactures boxes – no job is too small or too big.
· Offers an on-site heat-treatment service for clients required export pallets to meet strict export regulations. Enviro Pallets is an accredited export pallet heat-treatment facility under the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme: Certification No. 13648.