Enviro Pallets (NSW) , the Sydney pallet company passionate about pallets and the planet, has justifiably committed to recycling and helping preserve the environment.
During the 2006 calendar year, Enviro Pallets recycled 302,452 timber pallets, which otherwise would have ended up as around 900 tonnes of landfill in Sydney’s dwindling waste facilities.
Based at Glendenning in Sydney’s west, Enviro Pallets also recycled 47,876 plastic pallets. The second-hand plastic pallets are rounded up by Enviro Pallets contractors - those deemed suitable to be put back into service are cleaned up, and those beyond repair are cut up and forwarded to a plastics recycler.
The recycling division at Enviro Pallets has become a core part of the company’s business, with sales figures just about matching the number of new timber pallets marketed.
Enviro Pallets’ workers do a good job in repairing the timber pallets; the quality of their work ensures recycled, second-hand pallets are readily accepted by a growing number of clients who, like Enviro Pallets, are concerned about the environment.
Enviro Pallets is both amazed and delighted by the growth in second-hand pallets sales throughout 2006. The timber second-hand sales grew 22%, but the sale of recycled plastics jumped a mind-boggling 50%.
Enviro Pallets really is a one-stop shop for everything pallets, – here is what the company offers its clients.
- Recycled second-hand pallets. Given new leases on life are softwood and hardwood standard (1200mm x 1200mm) pallets, 4-way entry EURO 1 (1200mm x 800mm) and EURO 2 (1200mm x 1000mm) pallets, popular 1100mm x 1100mm pallets, plus, a wide range of bastardised sized pallets.
- Markets a full range of second-hand plastic pallets, economy, heavy-duty, industrial, rackable, export, and pressed wood pallets.
- Manufactures new standard (1165mm x 1165mm), and 1100m x 1100m softwood and hardwood pallets as well as block 4-way entry pallets.
- Manufactures custom-made pallets. No job is too big or too small.
- Manufactures boxes – again, no job is too small or too big.
- Offers an on-site heat-treatment service for clients required export pallets to meet strict export regulations. Enviro Pallets is an accredited export pallet heat treatment facility under the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme: Certification No. 13648.