The custom-made division of Sydney pallet manufacturer and recycler, Enviro Pallets (NSW), has just completed assembling a big job to ever leave the yard.
A Sydney engineering outfit wanted to safely send a huge piece of equipment overseas and approached Enviro Pallets about building a box to accommodate the apparatus.
Enviro Pallets’ no custom-made job is too small or too big was fully put to the test by the request, but as usual Enviro Pallets completed the task to the satisfaction of client and staff.
The giant box measured 3 metres by 2 metres by 1.8m high, nearly big enough to house Jumbo the elephant in comfort, provided he tucked up his trunk. It was a case of all hands on deck to get the job done correctly and on-time.
Two days after commissioning the job, the mammoth box was built, heat-treated to meet strict export regulations on-site at Enviro Pallet’s Glendenning promises and delivered to the client.
The heat-treating was an interesting assignment for the forklift driver given the task of fitting the box into the heat-treatment module. The forklift driver needed the skills of a topflight surgeon to ease the box into the module, and had a couple of inches to spare on top but there was only the width of a hair either side of box as the driver manoeuvred it into place.
Enviro Pallets’ custom-made division has been working flat out over the past month in filling a multitude of orders, mainly for large, heavy-duty pallets. Since commencing the custom-made division in mid-winter, the men the task was assigned to on a part-time basis from other duties, are now spending the bulk of their time constructing these special orders.
Enviro Pallets, based at Glendenning in Sydney’s west, really is a one-stop shop for everything pallets.
- Recycles second-hand pallets. Giving new leases on life are softwood and hardwood standard (1200mm x 1200mm) pallets, 4-way entry EURO 1 (1200mm x 800mm) and EURO 2 (1200mm x 1000mm) pallets, popular 1100mm x 1100mm pallets, plus a wide range of bastardised sized pallets.
- Markets a full range of second-hand plastic pallets, economy, heavy duty, industrial, rackable, export, and pressed wood pallets.
- Manufactures new standard (1165mm x 1165mm), and 1100m x 1100m softwood and hardwood pallets.
- Manufactures custom-made pallets. No job is too big or too small.
- Manufactures boxes, no job is too small or too big.
- Offers an on-site heat-treatment service for clients required export pallets to meet strict export regulations. Enviro Pallets is an accredited export pallet heat treatment facility under the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme: Certification No. 13648.
The environmentally-friendly company this calendar year is expected to recycle close to 300,000 second hand pallets. These pallets are given new lease of life with a few nails, a board or bearer or two and a coat of paint, and then put back into circulation.