The size and shape of some custom-made box orders always creates discussion among Enviro Pallets (NSW staff.
For instance, an order for three coffin-dimension boxes, which was forwarded to a Sydney client this week.
One staff member quipped that the job was probably for a Mafia hit-man. The job, however, although a hit with the client, was to house metal rods during transportation.
Enviro Pallets, which is based at Glendenning in Sydney’s west, established the custom-made division last winter, and since then has fielded and completed a host of orders for pallets and boxes of all shapes and sizes.
The large pallet to leave the Enviro Pallets yard was a 6m x 4m giant, which weighed close to 400kgs, while one huge box was three metres long, 1.2 metres high and one metre wide.
No job is also too small, with the company recently filling an order for 150 hardwood boxes, which measured just 450mm x 500mm x 150mmn deep.
According to Enviro Pallets, they are over the moon with the response by new and old clients for the custom-made pallets and boxes.
Initially, Enviro Pallets thought that custom-making pallets and boxes would just be a something it could offer clients on an irregular basis.
But that has not been the case because there was obviously a dire need out there for such a service because Enviro Pallets’ custom-made division is now a major component of its business.
Enviro Pallets now has two former cabin-makers on the payroll, who oversee the projects, which now seem to come in on a daily basis.
Enviro Pallets really is one-stop shop for everything pallets, here is what the company offers its clients.
- Recycled second-hand pallets. Given new leases on life are softwood and hardwood standard (1200mm x 1200mm) pallets, 4-way entry EURO 1 (1200mm x 800mm) and EURO 2 (1200mm x 1000mm) pallets, popular 1100mm x 1100mm pallets plus a wide range of bastardised sized pallets.
- Markets a full range of second-hand plastic pallets – economy, heavy-duty, industrial, rackable, export, and pressed wood pallets.
- Manufactures new standard (1165mm x 1165mm) and 1100m x 1100m softwood and hardwood pallets as well as block 4-way entry pallets.
- Manufactures custom-made pallets. No job is too big or too small.
- Manufactures boxes – again, no job is too small or too big.
- Offers an on-site heat-treatment service for clients required export pallets to meet strict export regulations. Enviro Pallets is an accredited export pallet heat treatment facility under the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme: Certification No. 13648.
Enviro Pallets is committed to recycling and helping preserve the planet, in 2006 Enviro Pallets recycled more than 300,000 timber pallets and in excess of 47,000 plastic pallets