A NEW series of locknut aluminium cylinders being introduced by Enerpac is designed for ultimate portability and safety in lifting and maintenance tasks common to industries such as mining, resources, construction, civil engineering and manufacturing.
The single-acting RACL series - in capacities 20-150 tons and strokes 50-250mm - is designed for maximum portability to remote sites and for minimum weight and ease of use when being positioned for general industrial tasks.
Typically half the weight of steel equivalents, the 700 bar (10,000psi) RACL series includes 50-ton capacity models weighing as little as 10.9 kg, 100 ton models weighing as little as 21.5 kg and 150 ton models weighing as little as 39.4 kg.
Enerpac Australasia managing director Roy Coulson says the new aluminium cylinders complement Enerpac's broader CLL series Lock Nut Cylinders, which can hoist up to 1080 tons in standard form, with higher-capacity 1500 and 2000 ton models available on request.
Features of the RACL series include:
* Lock nuts to provide mechanical load holding for extended periods. Instead of relying solely on valves for load holding, this feature provides high safety during heavy lifts for maintenance and installation.
* Hardened steel stop ring to increase cylinder life and resist side loads of up to 5 per cent. The integral stop ring prevents plunger over-travel and can withstand full cylinder capacity.
* Steel base plate and saddle for protection against load-induced damage. The saddles are bolt-on, removable types.
* High-strength spring return for rapid cylinder retraction.
* Handles standard on 50, 100 and 150 ton models; optional on 20 and 30 ton.
* CR400 coupler and dustcap on all models, as well as Hard-Kote finishes on all surfaces to resist damage and extend cylinder life.
* All cylinders meet relevant standards including ASME B-30.1 and ISO10100.
Cylinders can be complemented by remotely operated Enerpac Turbo, electric and petrol pumps for additional safety, or by simple handpumps designed for easy carriage by hand, vehicle or aircraft.