The new XC Series cordless pump from Enerpac (A Division of Actuant Corp) has been coupled with powerful pull cylinders to eliminate a potential safety hazard when maintaining conveyors in confined spaces.
Enerpac’s XC Series cordless pumps combine the performance capabilities of corded electric or pneumatic powered pumps with the convenient portability of hand pumps to simultaneously power two BRP 106L 10-ton pull cylinders firmly anchored overhead of the conveyor for precisely controlled hoisting.
Operating through an Enerpac AM 21 manifold for the control of two single-acting cylinders simultaneously, the lifting combination provides a secure and easily controlled alternative to the previous method of a single 10-ton chain hoist.
Enerpac Mining Manager Mr Warren Baltineshter explains that the BRP pull cylinders, available in 10-50 ton capacities are extensively proven in rugged environments and confined spaces such as mines, quarries and indoor and outdoor processing and materials handling facilities.
He adds that the pull cylinders and the all-new XC cordless pumps will be showcased at the upcoming AIMEX exhibition in Sydney in August.
Key features of Enerpac XC Series cordless pumps:
- Long-lasting pump that can be used in hard-to-access areas
- Constructed of lightweight materials
- Equipped with a powerful, one-half horsepower motor and 28-volt, Lithium-Ion battery
- Bladder reservoir eliminates venting and offers leak-free operation in any orientation
- Overall body, handle and trigger ergonomically engineered to maximise ease-of-use and portability
- Delivers oil flow of 2.05 LPM at low-pressure setting and 0.25 LPM when operating at full pressure, up to 700bar
- Lithium-ion technology ensures end users have the battery runtime necessary to accommodate demanding application requirements
- Promotes operator safety by removing trip hazards associated with traditional corded pumps
- Overload protection circuitry safeguards both the pump and the operator from excessive amp draw or temperatures
- Trigger lock-off mechanism protects against unintended operation during transport
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and cutting
- Mobilising heavy equipment
- Gear pulling
- Servicing machinery
- Moving paper rolls
- Lifting rail cars and rail alignment