Available in capacities up to 2845kN (320 ton) at 1500 bar, these bolt tensioners are particularly useful where operators want to achieve known and accurate bolt loads across multiple applications, such as pipelines and flanges.
The GT Series features:
- six load cells with kits from M16 to M95 or from 5/8 in to 3 ¾ in
- twin ports for quick connection of multiple tools
- one size of bridge per size of load cell
- a detachable and rotational bridge for simpler tool positioning
- full bridge window
- piston stroke indicator
- black surface treatment to protect against corrosion; and
- anti-slip grip for more secure handling.
This precise and time saving fastening technology makes the GT Series well suited for use in applications involving critical tolerances and multiple bolting tasks on:
- heavy industrial
- primary processing
- power generation and resource exploration; and
- development equipment and infrastructure.
Enerpac National Bolting Manager Pat Molloy notes that another major benefit of GT Series bolt tensioners is the ability to fasten multiple bolts at one time, using exactly the same pressure from the same power source.
This ability to daisy chain hydraulic tensioners, he explains, gives even pressures across a bolted surface, which is a major advantage, especially where high technology, high pressure equipment is involved.
“Tensioners are often the best way of guaranteeing leak-free start up of plant,” Mr Molloy says. “On larger bolting applications, tensioners not only increase the accuracy of clamping forces, but also simultaneously cut by 50 per cent the time required for the job, compared with other controlled bolting methods.”