Lifting gantries are a safe and cost-efficient option for various lifting tasks across industries such as mining and resources, oil and gas, energy and infrastructure as well as ports and shipping where conventional cranes or even synchronous hydraulic technology may not be suitable.
Hydraulic lift gantries are a safe and efficient way to lift and position heavy loads in applications where traditional cranes will not fit and permanent overhead structures for job cranes are not an option. When used with rail systems, hydraulic gantries also provide a means for moving and placing heavy loads.
Hydraulic gantry systems from Enerpac include the cost-effective SL series that offers control and stability and the heavy duty SBL series that goes up to 1100-tonne capacity. Enerpac hydraulic gantries have a number of unique features to ensure optimum stability and safety.
Key features of Enerpac hydraulic lift gantries:
- Self-contained hydraulics and electrics
- Self-propelled wheels or tank rollers
- Intellilift wireless control system provides information about the stroke, lift and load per unit, automatically correcting any anomaly
- Control systems and self-propelled drive motors supplied as standard configuration in all Enerpac gantries
- Accessories include header beams, skid tracks, side shift systems and lifting lugs
Enerpac lifting gantry technologies developed by Hydrospex are part of the Enerpac Integrated Solutions’ portfolio of global capabilities in the accurate control of positioning, speed and force.
Enerpac Integrated Solutions have been employed in prestigious global projects including the launch of France’s Millau Viaduct, the lifting of the famous Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco for seismic retrofits, engineering the supporting assembly of the ‘Bird’s Nest’ stadium in Beijing and the current lifting of a series of 12 gigantic (800-1400 ton) ball mills at CITIC Pacific Mining’s $US5 billion Sino Iron Ore project in Western Australia.
Key features and benefits of Enerpac SBL 1100 hydraulic gantries:
- Patented foldable boom design gives excellent transportation dimensions
- Maximum lifting height of close to 13 metres
- Three-stage hydraulic cylinders mounted upside down in an octagon shaped boom design
- Plug-and play unit with self-contained hydraulics
- Provided with a mechanical system that can lock the boom in any position and take the full load
- Unique powered tank-roller drive system reduces ground load up to 70% compared to conventional systems with four steel wheels
- Comes standard with Intellilift wireless control system with automatic synchronisation and (over)load control
- Dual speed available as option on all movements
- Can be used on standard (4-feet) skidtracks
Enerpac has also introduced the strand jack gantries to lift heavy loads up to 500 metric tons, which are commonly used to load and unload heavy transport machinery including self-propelled modular trailers, as well as installation of boiler drums, generators and turbines.
Enerpac technologies include hydraulic gantries, modular trailers, strand jacks, skidding systems, weighing systems, Jack ‘N Pack, self-erecting gantries, self-erecting tower lifts and strand jack gantries.