The latest DLS Series dozer lift system from Enerpac (A Division of Actuant Corp) provides efficiency and flexibility for servicing and maintaining 100,000kg+ CAT D10 and D11 dozers used in diverse mining, construction, resources and infrastructure applications.
Developed particularly for the CAT D10s and D11s, the dozer lift system delivers strong safety and uptime benefits. Featuring four-point custom synchronous lift technology, the system provides safe, level lifting and lowering for track and side frame maintenance of the dozers, while utilising single-operator lifting.
According to Enerpac Australasia Mining Manager Mr Warren Baltineshter, the DLS system is designed for deployment even at remote maintenance and service locations, where it can minimise the downtime of the dozer during servicing.
Enerpac’s DLS Series dozer lift system features two separate lifting units incorporating the synchronous PLC controlled load sensing and lifting technology, which can be swiftly and easily positioned at opposite ends of the dozer. Each lifting unit includes two hydraulically operated jacks with motorised locking rings for user safety. The jacks are bolted to a rolling cart with fork pockets and retractable wheels for easy and precise positioning of the units.
Lifting and lowering of the jacks can be paused at any point, and the system will automatically secure the load mechanically until the operator is ready to begin lifting or lowering the dozer again. A built-in alarm system will stop the synchronous lift in the event of malfunction.
Mr Baltineshter explains that extensive in-service development of the system has produced major safety and time-saving benefits in the versatile self-levelling technology, which is directly applicable to on-site servicing of large numbers of D10s and D11s used throughout Australasia.
Key features of Enerpac DLS Series dozer lift system:
- Custom-designed to ensure proper fit and jacking heights, providing further precision, time saving and safety
- Designed to lift and lower a dozer synchronously between all lift points regardless of weight distribution
- Fits beneath dozers with 90% track wear, providing enough height clearance to perform track maintenance
- Stroke-controlled movements provide precise positioning for a stable load, lifting dozers at remote maintenance and service locations safely and efficiently
- Lifting speed is approximately 46mm/minute, allowing users to finish a lift quickly to reduce equipment downtime
- Controlled and consistent lifting provides easy access, while minimising operator effort
- Front and rear lifting jacks driven by a hydraulic power unit (HPU) and controls including a 25’ pendant for operator mobility and safety during lifts
- Entire HPU and controls contained in a rolling cabinet, which includes storage for cable reels and hoses
- Controls include PLC and software to monitor and control up to four lifting points simultaneously
- User-friendly colour touch screen mounted inside the cabinet enables the operator to remotely monitor key lifting information
- Single hydraulic unit has the capacity to operate up to six lifting units