Compact and lightweight aluminium hollow plunger hydraulic cylinders from Enerpac offer high power-to-weight ratios for easy handling and placement in tasks where push and pull forces are required. The RACH series in capacities from 20 tonnes to 150 tonnes with strokes from 50mm to 250mm feature 700 bar maximum operating pressure which reduces their size compared with lower pressure cylinders.
Their aluminium construction further increases advantage of compact and light weight performance by offering capacity-to-weight ratios typically twice those of conventional steel alternatives. The hollow plunger cylinders in weights as low as 5.2kg for a 20-tonne RACH202 are typically used in tensioning and testing applications and other tasks where push and pull forces are required, such as bearing removal.
They are part of Enerpac’s large range of aluminium cylinders in Australasia, complementing one of the world’s most extensive ranges of rugged and compact steel cylinders.
Featuring the latest alloy technology, high strength coatings, seal design and bearing materials, the new aluminium includes:
- Hollow Plunger RACH hollow plunger cylinders that allow for both pull and push forces to be exerted
- Cylinder weights extend from 5.2kg for the RACH202 20-tonne model to 46.2kg for the RACH1006 100-tonne model (with models also available up to 150 ton, and stroke lengths of 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250mm available on all models)
- Single-acting, spring return RAC series, which weigh from 3.6-4.7kg for 20-ton models, through to a maximum of 36.3kg for 150-ton models
- Single-acting RACL Lock Nut cylinders in capacities from 50 tonnes to150 tonnes
- Double-acting RAR series cylinders, with powered extension and retraction of cylinder plungers
The latest Enerpac cylinders are made from 707ST-6 alloy, with composite bearings on all moving surfaces to guarantee no metal-to-metal contact, to resist side loads and extend cylinder life. Removable steel base plates and hardened saddles resist wear caused by use on concrete and other abrasive surfaces.
Complementing the high power-to-weight ratios of the new cylinders are Enerpac’s lightweight hand pumps, models P-392 or P-802, which are constructed of composite materials including aluminium to comprise the optimum lightweight pump and cylinder set.
The cylinders can also be powered by fast-acting Enerpac electric, air and petrol pumps. These include cool-running and energy-saving ZU4T electric pumps and new generation 700 bar XVARI XA air-over-hydraulic foot pumps which enable finer and safer control of tasks while completing jobs up to twice as quickly as conventional pumps.